Welcome to the Conference on Inclusion and Diversity in Library and Information Science (CIDLIS) 2019! We are excited that you have decided to join us for what is sure to be a time of revelation through dynamic conversations and idea exchange. In order for this to take place at the highest level possible, we are committed to fostering a culture that demonstrates respect for all participants, actively embraces diversity, and champions inclusion.
Because these values are essential to our community, we expect all attendees and presenters to adhere to the following professional behaviors:
- Engage with all participants in a respectful, civil, and considerate manner in all interactions.
- Demonstrate respect for all participants’ physical space by being mindful of personal boundaries.
- Demonstrate respect for all participants’ intellectual space by sharing critique and expressing disagreement in a thoughtful and professional manner.
In light of the above, CIDLIS 2019 is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.
Harassment will not be tolerated in any form. Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination, oppression, or discrimination.
- Inappropriate images in physical or virtual environments (i.e. email, texts, social media).
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following in person or online.
- Distributing or posting harassing photography or recordings.
- Sustained disruption of presentations, panel sessions, or other events.
- Inappropriate or unwanted/unwelcome physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions necessary to ensure that the conference space is a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender and expulsion from the conference.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report the incident to a conference organizer right away.